We haven’t done posts in a while. We’ve had quite few in the magazine for some time now, but have done a poor job of doing updates.
We’ve been really busy lately but wanted to let folks know what we plan to do for more of 2013.
We have been developing a new public exploitation course so we don’t have a bunch of plans for public versions of ARM exploitation. We will however teach it at Blackhat 2013 in Las Vegas.
We spoke at Infiltrate in Miami and also have plans to speak at BruCon and 44Con later this year.
We’ll be presenting our new hardware work at NoSuchCon in early May. Talk Title: “Who’d have thought they’d meet in the middle? ‘ARM Exploitation’ meets “Hardware Exploitation”. Sharable memoirs from a very surprising last year ”
As a co-author, we are also putting the finishing touches on Wiley’s upcoming “Android Hackers Handbook”, which we are really excited about also.
Aside from this and yet unreleased “hardware hacking and embedded system exploitation” research we plan to release later this year, this is basically it. We will be releasing (or speaking about) the embedded system exploitation at Infiltrate for the first time mixed with some ARM Exploitation work, but it will very soon be formalized into it’s own presentation and paper…we’re really excited about sharing that stuff starting at NoSuchCon.
We have 8+ new blogposts in the hopper we are finishing captioning images and source code for:
“Hacking in the Land of the Rising Sun” (ARM Exploitation in Tokyo) “ARM Exploitation: Switzerland“
- “BreakPoint 2012 (Melbourne, Australia). A long overdue post… “
- “ARM Exploitation in the Big Apple”
- “ARM TechCon 2012” : Our talk at the big ARM microprocessor trade show in Santa Clara California
- “ARM Shellcoding without much pain”…some code and tools from our research
- “Why Writing Firmware Is Kinda Like Software Exploitation” : some of our recent work and research writing firmware for a hardware platform we built called “Osprey”
- “Infiltrate 2013: “Miami…Joeboy…Quick study”: Our trip to (one of our favorite cons) Infiltrate
- …and a few more posts for tools and code we plan to release.
Go to Source of this post
Author Of this post: s7ephen